Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Little Cupcake - Studio City

Thus far, My Little Cupcake is my FAVORITE cupcake in the LA area.

We've been to My Little Cupcake on Ventura Blvd (next to Lala's) three times now. All three times I ordered my favorite, the Strawberry.

CAKE: The first visit the cake was very moist, but the last two times it's been a little more dry. Maybe they weren't made that day? It was the perfect amount of strawberry flavor without any annoying chunks of strawberry.

ICING: The icing is fantastic. It's piled high on the cupcake, and it's cream cheese but it's colored pink. It isn't piped on, so it doesn't look like a hot pile of dog poo. It's just the right amount of sweet, and it's a whipped sugar icing, not whipped cream. Whipped cream icing is just a waste, in my opinion. Some people (ahem, Martin) might think it's too much icing, but I didn't feel that way. I also didn't get that sugar-sick feeling that some of the other icings give me. I was ready to go back and get another, I didn't have that "Cupcaked Out" feeling.

DECOR: It's spacious and cool inside, and all of the cupcakes are prominently displayed. They even have mini cupcakes that taste as good as the large ones! The kitchen is very clean, and if you park in the back you can enter through the kitchen. I feel good about a cupcake place that lets you see their kitchen.

HOURS: Boooooo. Although they are open during the week, they close at 5 or 5:30.

SERVICE: The first visit was great, the baker / saleslady was very friendly. The second time it was a man, and he was curt and annoyed. He was completely insulted when I asked if the Strawberry cupcake had vanilla icing. "No! It's cream cheese!!!" Rude!

All in all, I can say confidently that My Little Cupcake is my favorite yet.

- Sugar Sweet LoLo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A mini cup-cake? My mind can't quite wrap itself around that concept...