Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Puddin Out In the Strip Mall


As you can see from the picture, the variety at Puddin' Out isn't that stellar. In fact the place itself looks like someone's garage of old stuff thrown around a glass case of cupcakes and other things. I say other things, because in addition to cupcakes, they have ice cream, pastries and if I'm not mistaken, wraps and crepes? Everything is a mish mosh in there, but despite it all, we had to try the cupcakes.

I had the cinnamon bun cupcake and it was surprisingly delicious. I haven't been anywhere else that has a cinnamon bun cupcake and I feel they hit it right on the nose. A little sweet, but that works in this type of cupcake. Lori had the strawberry, which she was fond of, but Andrew felt the cake was a bit dry. If they would just tone it down and focus more on the cupcakes and less on EVERYTHING else, this place would work. Also the owner is a plastic surgeon. If his operating room looks anything like this store, I would run for Dr. 90120 FAST!

-cupcakegal

No comments: